View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017   #42
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Project Gholt: Slower, Heavier, & Quieter

Getting real tired of posting these types of pictures...

Long story short, we were slowing for a stoplight and the Jeep Cherokee behind us wasn't paying attention and drive right into the back of the Volt. At least I can say he was apologetic and honest, he even admitted to the cop that he wasn't paying attention and it was his fault. This is why people need to keep their phones down while driving!

Oddly enough, one 1 of 4 taillight pieces is cracked and everything still works (brake lights, backup camera, etc.). No airbags deployed and the car is still drivable. As far as I can tell no damage was done to the battery system at all since it still drive fine and took a charge without issue. The quarter panels seem OK as well, as do all 4 door frames. The small glass window shattered but the large hatch glass seems fine, as do the hatch hinges. Very sad for a car in otherwise perfect condition with only 16k miles on it. It's sitting in the garage at the moment, but will be going to the dealer's bodyshop tomorrow. The guy's insurance already got her a rental to drive which was nice. Thank God he has legit insurance (Safeco) and not some rinky-dink legal minimums nonsense.

Of course I had just updated the navigation maps and did some LED interior lighting on hit this weekend!

Last edited by Kracka; 02-27-2017 at 07:00 AM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote