View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016   #528
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Hotchkis swaybar set unboxing day:

Note the Coke can for size reference:

Welded stays:

3-way adjustable in the rear:

Initial impressions are positive, the bars appear to be very quality with a nice black powdercoat. They remind me quite a bit of the Eibachs I had for my Evo X to replace the Whitelines. The welded stays are a nice touch, and I appreciate the fact their bushings retain the stock mounts/hardware. The instructions are basic, but at least include pictures. My guess is Energy is their bushing and bushing grease supplier (this is a good thing). These are some of the hardest swaybar bushings I've seen, my only concern is that I hope they don't squeak. One final comment, I find it odd their instructions list the stock Z51 bars being stiffer than the stock Z06 bars, this goes against all the other info out on the market since it is known that the Z51 w/magnetic ride control uses the same swaybars as both the Z06 and Z06 w/Z07 package. I suspect they mixed up the data and under what they have listed as the Z06 are actually referring to the base Stingray front bar and base Z51 rear bar (non-mag ride). This is just a hunch though, I have nothing to confirm or back that up!

I'll get them installed in the coming weeks (probably early February) and will report back with installation and initial driving impressions!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote