View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017   #16
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I see the virual stamp in the upper left now.

Otherwise I was going to say, seems like a gateway for any kid with a laptop now to make their own fake dyno graphs and passing them off as actual ones.

"FS: 800hp Camaro, dynojet sheet provided!!!" (**but actually on a virtual dyno with car weight set to 8000lbs and 25" wheels**)
It already runs rampant on the Evo forums. People claim huge numbers using these fake, easily manipulated, "dyno" charts. There is one remote t00ner in particular that is notorious for this. He'll ask people what their goal is before he starts tuning them and at the end makes sure the chart exceeds the customer's expectations. The best is when said customers then go to a real dyno for a dyno day or whatever and get all bent out of shape when they're down on power by about 150whp

It's a decent tool when setup and used properly. The weight of the car + driver has to be entered accurately (which it appears Swanny did), along with a few other parameters, and making sure the road is perfectly flat without any strong winds. It's best to use the same road each time to create a legit comparison.

Last edited by Kracka; 02-13-2017 at 10:53 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote