View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011   #199
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

Well I'm not sure where i left off, but I know I haven't updated with pics for a while so I'm going update some past posts with pics here and then keep going with what is current.

Studs in block to prevent stripping threads in block, also feels tighter.
4/26/11

Valve body out to install shift kit.

Auxillary valve body:

The awesome maze that is a valve body:

Springs under tension in upper valve body (not fun):

Napa gave me the wrong pan gasket (I wasn't happy):

Parking Pawl, make sure that it goes into the manual valve or it will make you fill a diaper on startup, not to mention waste time and fluid and patience.

Yay, back on the ground. 4x4 status!!

Draining old e85.

Cooler got to about 2 inches from the top.

Almost done:

Interior for about 2 days:

Begin of gauge install:

I took a pic of these wires because if you have owned a 1G you know how these suck,they aren't terrible but could be better. I plan to extend these like I did on my old car, it made pulling the cluster a ton easier.

Installing gauges:

90% finished product:

Not fun:

Well that's all the pics I have, I'll have to upload the new ones I have.

After dyno day I went out with the car and launched at about 28psi and broke the rear driver's axle in the rear end.
The following week I pulled the rear end with the help of some friends, found the new rear end was missing bolts and something else so I decided to pull the whole rear subframe, its sat untouched until tonight where I finished putting in poly bushings in the rear mustache bar and then decided to say F that to the rest of it till winter when I hopefully have more time and money.

I also installed solid driveshaft carrier bushings and I filled the driveshaft carrier bearings (1st time ever in 7 DSMs!) So we will see how that goes. Thankfully I had Mo right there when I was filling the bearings and he gave me the how to, pretty simple but def. was easier with him there.
Thank you.

I'll try and update soon with more pics and such, car should be together tomorrow.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote