View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010   #1
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto
'91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 2.4L

Man I've always been on the fence about this car for a long while now.

Alright I’m back at it again because the guy who wanted to buy the car is MIA right now and I have no idea what happened.

I bought this car a while back from Aaron aka Big Brown years back. He had just put in a brand new built 2.4L G4CS Block, overhauled tranny, new turbo, ect. I still have his receipts/history of the car along with the first owner's receipts. I am the 3rd owner to have owned the car. I even have the original sticker. I have kept my receipts as well so the car's history is well documented.

The machine work was done by Motors by Gosh. The car had like 150,XXX miles on the body when I first bough it. Right now as it sits, it has 163,XXX miles. I rarely drove it around.

All I did basically was do basic upkeep and tie up odds and ends. I also put in a new Tial V44 wastegate, rebuilt calipers all around, new drilled/slotted rotors all around, new K&N air filter, new yellow top Optima battery, new Moroso battery box, and a few other things.

I got the car dyno’ed tuned one time at LSE when they were still open. It made 288awhp on a low reading Dyno Dynamics dyno at 17psi. It still has potential left.

Here is a mod list and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things,

2.4L G4CS Block .020 over
Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Ported/Polished head
EGT Blockoff Plate
No balance shafts
1mm oversize Ferrea valves, 5 angle valve job
2G Exhaust Manifold, ported/polished, ceramic thermal barrier coated
PTE bolt on SCM4431E 50trim turbo
3” Exhaust with stock appearing dual tips
Tial V44 wastegate, dumped externally
Prothane Motor Mounts
Unorthodox Pulley
2G Dejon Intake pipe with 2G MAFT
Spearco 221 front mount with 2.5” IC piping
Greddy Type S BOV (Real Greddy Type S BOV, they no longer make these)
SAFC2
ACT 2600 with street disc
Lightened OEM flywheel
Braided SS clutch line
SpeedDesign 4 spider gear center diff
Overhauled Tranny with new gears, ect (shifts smoothly, no grinds)
Double Synchro 2nd gear
Walbro 255hp
Braided Stainless Steel lines from tank through system
Polished fuel rail w/ welded AN hardware
System1 oil filter unit with oil SS lines
Holley 683cc/min
SX adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Billet polished K&N cleanable fuel filter
B&M oil cooler w/factory thermostat oil filter housing w/braided SS plumbing
Suspension Tech. rear sway bar
Rebuilt 4 bolt rear
2G 2 Piston Calipers
Braided SS brake lines
Slotted/drilled rotors
H&R progressive rate springs
Digital A/F gauge
Greddy EGT gauge
Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges
Digital fuel pressure gauge
Dejon racing rear bumper
Moroso Battery box
Optima Yellow Top Battery

The car is riding on silver 2G 5 spoke rims with all season tires but I will include a set of 16x8 Gold BBS rims with it.

The body is in decent shape despite the body damage that could be fixed. I mean it's not a rust bucket with gapping holes where rust has eaten through but it's not a mint condition car either. What do you expect from a 19 year old car? The original paint is decent for it’s age, I mean I’ve seen worse on 19 year old cars.

It does leak oil, I mean what DSM doesn't leak oil, lol. I mean honestly. This car is 19 years old people, it won't be in prestine shape.

Here is the problem, the car is smoking. I don't know exactly why. I suspect it's the turbo seal. When it started smoking it would smoke only a little bit until it warmed up and then it would go away, like when it does when you have bad valve stems. With no balance shafts, oil pressure at startup during the winter is really high. When it warms up, oil pressure drops again. I suspect this might have did something to the seal. The smoke just got more and more as the time went by and worse now that I have let it sit around, it's been about a year. I’m sure the old gas contributes to it too (I always leave a 1/4 tank in it while it sat). I did a compression test like a year ago and the numbers were fine on all 4 cylinders so it's not the piston rings, head gasket, or the valves. I should have wrote down those damn numbers, I forgot what they were. They were either all 195 or 205 or something like that. I know 2.4L hybrids read high on stock cams, but I remember they were exactly what they were when I bought it from Aaron.

The car doesn't have AC, although I have parts of the AC assembly unit (I think). I don't know if I still have everything. It doesn't have a radio, speakers, or speaker brackets. Also the sound deadening material from the trunk and back seat are removed.

I will include some misc parts with it including a rear bumper cover (Thanks to vegancowboy), some interior panels (Thanks to Mark, tkrperformance), a bare 4g63 block (bored .020 over) and crank (sitting around for a while so cylinder walls might be rusty, Idk I have to check), JE pistons on 1G rods (1 rod spun a rod bearing, and the tops were coated with some sort of thermal coating, a little bit of it came off), some misc brand new turbo gaskets and turbo maifold gaskets, and anything else I can find laying around.

I will include a brand new set of FP3 camshafts (no longer made by FP and hard to find these days), brand new Supertech Dual Springs with TI retainers, and brand new valve stem seals. This package is valued at $826 alone.

These pictures were taken on 08/31/2010 with my HTC Evo phone, pretty good camera if you ask me. I just washed it.

Old Picture of the car on the BBS rims (taken with a digital camera, not my HTC Evo)

Asking price is $3,300 for everything. I think that's a killer deal. I'm getting ready for a new car. I'm already approved on my loan, just looking for a car.
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote