Old 03-31-2011   #336
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
Looking sweet. Are you going to ceramic coat the mani? Or have the welds reinforced by someone at all? Polish the compressor cover? Turbo blanket? Since you have to take the cams out to put the new head studs in anyways, are you doing cams or just leaving stock ones? NOZZZ?
Yeah I plan on having Primo coat the manifold black eventually. Have been waiting though until I figure out the wastegate situation. It's currently flanged for a ballin HKS wastegate which I more than likely won't be buying. So I was either going to chop it off and have a different flange welded on, or just make an adapter flange. If I end up chopping it, I want to wait until I do that before coating it.

The welds, I was planning on leaving it as-is. Might be a good idea to have a local shop look it over quick though just to see what they think. Compressor cover, I think I'll be leaving it as-is for now. But it'd be nice to get it polished in the future. Turbo blanket is definately something I've been considering. It's already coated from Primo, but having a blanket as well wouldn't hurt I'd think. And knowing me, I'll probably go find the cheapest one that can be over-nighted from Chiiiyynahh.

Cams, I'm staying stock for now. Reason being is I really like a nice idle now a days. So I want to change as little is possible. Once I get it running good turboed on stock cams, then I'll consider dropping in some better cams. I haven't even researched them yet so no clue what I'll get at this point.

And definately no Naaawwwsss I'm scared of that sh!t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd-drifter View Post
snaps brandon! that a t88!! lolol. lookin' and soundin' good man.
Borg Warner baybay
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote