View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006   #24
mdost03

Sonic Champion!
Drives: VA STI
Re: big bore kit for 420a

What is the difference in suspension between a GST and GS and RS? Only thing different is they have rear disc brakes on a GST. I already have my suspension upgraded anyways. All 4 cylinder engines are easy to work on, it's just what you are used to tinkering on. I find it easy to work on my 420a, but when my friend's bros GS-T was having problems, we could figure it out fairly easily. If you know what to look for in general, it's usually easy to figure out problems.

I guess it's just where you live for parts because down here I can find many parts easily for my car. The 420a was also used in the Sebring and Avenger cars and also some Neon parts are interchangeable.

I'm not here to start a war between 4G63 and 420a. I'm just here to help people out with what they want to do. IMO, a 420a is not a bad engine at all. I've had my car for over 2 years now and over 30,000 miles driven and there hasn't been ANYTHING (knock on wood) that has gone wrong engine wise with it. It has been my best car i've owned. Even after turbo'ing it, she still is kickin.