View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019   #114
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Modifications:
PRC As Cast 225 heads with Hollow valves. Standard .660" Dual Valve Spring with Titanium retainer setup. -60cc chambers for a 10.9:1 or so target compression ratio
GM MLS Head gaskets with ARP Studs
228/232 TSP Cam on a 112
Dorman LS2 Manifold with 90MM LS2 throttle Body
85MM Maf, Blackwing intake, air bridge
XS Power 1-7/8" Longtubes, Catted x-pipe, Corsa Catback
HP tuners by me
93 Octane
44LB Trickflow (Accel) injectors (59% duty cycle)
NGK TR55 spark plugs, MSD Wires
Summit Bracket Racer Harmonic Balancer
RST Twin Disc Clutch with Steel Flywheel
Stock 1999 LS1 Shortblock with 87k on it. After the cam install cranking compression is 220-230 each hole so it is right around 11.0 comp ratio.

Smoothing of zero below. Smoothing of 3 put down 443-444, so it is consistent.

Street tune was 440hp and first pull. 445 was 3rd pull after adding a degree of timing and flattening the AFR. From here I switched from straight VE (with MAF disabled but installed) to a blend of tuning of MAF and VE. Another degree was attempted, minimal or no gain and picked up KR. All pulls in 4th gear.

This is the before: Good gains.

1999 Factory LS1 Longblock with all the bolt on's above except the following:

78MM TB
36LB GTP Injectors

Same car summer before. Flex Fuel Tune (04 Tahoe PCM) running around E40. Airflow limited, not timing, as it made nearly this on pump gas a month prior on a different dyno. Car went 12.73@110.5 on this setup, 1.93x 60' street tires, 3200DA.

Overall I am pretty happy with the results. Lost nothing down low. Car pulls from idle (825rpm) without needing throttle on the twin disc. Pulls in 6th gear from 1400rpm with using the cruise control.

Welcome to input and questions/comments, just trying to document the journey. Next up is to pin down the starter issues and to put on the Hoosier QTP's and hit the track. Then probably a dry nitrous setup as I have plenty of injector left, will start small and keep pilling it until I hit my goal of deep and consistent 10's or maybe a 9.9999999999 with a tailwind and probably a 150 shot. I'd love 10's on just this setup, just have to go to the track and see where it is now.

Thanks for stopping by!