View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019   #106
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Bringing this back from the dead.

Well I am settled in now in Elkhart, Texas but still plan on hanging out here. The corvette has developed a slight coolant leak at 86k miles on it...so might as well tear it apart.

Going head/cam on it here and just got done spending all of the money . I hope it is all worth it.

Spent a good 6 months debating the future of this build, but driving it around on the back roads here and looking at my track opportunities reinforces my love for drag racing and want to get it on the road course. Autocross is fun, but it isn't as available where I live now; so might as well upgrade the car.

Next week I should have PRC 225 As cast heads. Milled them down to 60cc chamber should give me around a 10.9:1 compression ratio (was at 10.0:1) I was debating of going down to 58cc chamber, but this way if the stock .051" GM MLS gaskets give me troubles when I add nitrous, I can go to a .040" cometic and be in around 11-11.2:1 all in. Will see how it does (hoping for sub 11.4's) on the head/cam before talking spray. That and 3.90's are probably next year.

Cam is a TSP 228/232 112+2 .600/.600. Should lope good and provide decent power. I don't really care about numbers, but anything over 420 should be great, I've seen some setups put down as much as 480!

Add in ARP everything and new gaskets/new SFI approved dampener and a CHE Trunnion bushing upgrade; well I only hope to do this once. Going with a LS6 oil pump and rollmaster ls2 single roller aftermarket timing chain setup.

Stay tuned