View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012   #152
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Good thing I decided to do a cam swap, I found 3 of the 5 nuts on my adjustable cam gears were finger tight. The shield plate that attaches to the head had one of the small fasteners ready to fall out. Who knows another couple of miles and the whole motor could have been F’d. Now the cam gears have Locktite Red applied.

The idle is a little rougher, not too bad though. You can physically see the difference in the cams when you set them side by side with the S3’s. The S3’s are monsters. I wish I could have done them when I built the motor, since I’m a little concerned about valve to piston clearance. I’m just going to let her buck and see what happens. I took the car around the block in front wheel drive mode and the tires break free at about 15 psi making the care useless. Now I know why transfer cases take so much abuse, it’s like the front have no aid in the traction department. These 1G’s are closer to rear wheel drives.

Now I just need to get the transfer case in it and tune it up, should be exciting!
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote