Thread: my new project
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012   #1
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla
my new project

Well as some of you know I bought swiftys talon and since most of you already kinda know the car I wont go into too much detail about it other than what is currently going on with it and what I'm doing to it.

I bought the car figuring It I would be pretty set. It just needed to be tuned for new injectors and I'd have an awesome car to putz around in this summer. Well with the way my luck goes I'm about 90 percent sure something went wrong with the #3 injector (i'm going to have them bench tested to verify) and the cylinder pretty much ate it's self. they were brand new injectors too. I removed the cylinder head to inspect the damage. the cylinder head and piston were quite melted in cylinder 3 and one of the intake valves broke or melted off and did a number on the cylinder wall in cyl3.

Ok where I'm sitting now for the cylinder head. I have a good core to have my parts swapped into and it will need new valves for cyl 3 and it will have to be machined for the over sized valves. I'm debating whether or not to have it ported and polished too.

As for the block I'm not sure if I can get away with just honing it out so I'm going to pull the block and bring it someplace (not sure where yet) to have it checked out and see what the best route to go with it is. Idk if you can have a 4g63 sleeved or if it's just better to bore it out and go with over sized pistons. I would like to reuse as many of the parts as I can since all the rods look good and 3 of the pistons should be reusable. In regarding the block if anybody who has some experience with engine building as any advice please feel free to chime in. It will be greatly appreciated

and then there is the turbo. a bunch of metal went through the exhaust and dinged up the turbine wheel pretty bad so it will at least need a new exhaust wheel and a rebuild. depending on what ends up happening with the block I might look into upgrading to a billet version of the gt4294 or look into a gt4202/gtx4202

Sorry this is such a long post but that is kind of the short version lol
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote