View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017   #35
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project DSM-NonGM

Yeah I hear ya. For my DSM as well as my SC300, it's a size/space thing not so much a weight thing. I ran an Odyssey battery once. It worked about as well as my lawn mower one did, and lasted one season also just like my lawn mower battery. So at the end of the day I just stuck with the $30 lawn mower one. I dunno if it's because I run dual fuel pumps, and a stereo with a sub/amp bumping constantly that maybe drains mine faster than others, or maybe my slightly larger engine just takes more juice to turn over. My car always starts in the summer, but it doesn't crank as hard in a parking lot as it does in my garage after sitting on a tender. Not a big deal, but it's noticeable and makes you definitely think about it and make sure you don't accidentally leave a dome light on or something.

I don't know on DSM's because I've never done it, but relocating to the rear in the SC is actually very easy I've come to find out. So I'm definitely going to do that one of these days when it reaches the top of my to-do list so I can run a more normal sized battery again.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote