View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017   #909
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark2g View Post
I was pretty proud of my cage fitment tell I saw this. You are an artist sir! The pillar bars are very impressive probably best I have seen in a 1g. I really never thought about how much of the inner skin Panels a guy can cut out. That perfect notch is gonna make the welding a little better time for sure. Easier to focus on making the welds as perfect as possible! Do you weld your chromoly with red tungsten? Well done as always, keep it up
Thanks! My old cage fitment and my tig welding capability was at a beginner level. Now that I have 10 years on tig welding experience, I wanted to make sure I could be proud of this cage.

It has not been easy. The design of the cage, assembly steps, and being able to weld it has been a challenge, due to being so close to the car.

I planned ahead to use a micro torch when i made the fitment so close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningWood View Post
I love it! That cage looks like it fits so well! And those joints are as close as you can get, you knocked this out of the park so far!
Thanks! I'm excited too see your project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Reminds me of when Brent was gutting his wife's car way back when. He ended up with almost no internal structure and I think he even replaced almost the entire floor with sheetmetal. He was down around 2100 lbs as AWD IIRC. That car was so light.

Looks good! 1G love!
1g Love!

Some of the fab

I was able to take the floor bars out to finish weld them.

Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote