View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012   #316
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
The door beams weigh a bit, but not that much. It was probably about 2lbs each. The black tar paper/sound deadening stuff on the floor was more than that. Not sure if you have tackled that yet or not.
I was looking around and no one actually publishes the actual weight of the door bracing, but from some of the banter and judging by material thickness it looks to be north of 10 lbs each. I'll weigh them when I remove them and publish it.

Yep most of the deadening material has been removed too, I still have some left on the fire wall to remove. I exposed it after I took the HVAC box out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
I remember Shep saying something back in the day about the power window assemblies weighing hardly anything more than the manual ones. Speedglass side windows would make a difference though.

There's a lot of inner structure around the b-pillars down where the ABS computer used to be. Not sure how much of that you can take out, but there's definitely some fat to trim there.
They are light, but I removed the factory harness and I'm not going to power the doors for window functions. Both crank assemblies are around 3 lbs! I'll check into the ABS stuff, good recommendation!
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote