Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015   #959
scheides
flips McGee

Re: House Projects

Man I forgot about this thread! I have a few garage-related updates...I'll start with my own in-the-city/ghetto garage mods update. After installing the heater I got to thinking, what if I could fit 3 cars in there? A few people said hell no, some said hell yes, I said game on.

Got a little crazy and started ripping out the epic 16x4' workbench that my dad and I built when I first moved in almost 10 years ago. This workbench is HUGE and it has been amazing as I have hosted newb mod days, done motor swaps, clutch jobs, countless short shifter and lowering-spring installs, brake jobs etc etc etc over the years. But these days, it turned into storage space. I opted instead to install a bunch of extra shelving all around the garage and give this thing the axe:

Turbo helped (as there was mice running around last fall):

Under the main bench base/riser, can you tell this is a dsm'ers garage?

Kablamo:

Ready to make new shelving now:

Spazzy looking on in disbelief. He's sure I've lost my mind.

Shelving up:

Now time to rip apart the rest of the workbench

I cut about 15" off the back the long way, little more mangeable size:

Starting to rearrange:

I made brackets for all kinds of stuff. I made brackets for brackets. Anything I could do to get stuff off of the ground: jackstands, engine hoist parts, engine stand, funnels, etc:

Installed S-AFC...you know for better AFRs....

And finally...SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!!!

So, the X lived elsewhere for the winter, but I just got it back and finally with a little bit of touch-ups...not perfect yet but aww yea my dreams have come to fruition:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote