View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014   #64
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

well got tired of my cold start issue, started digging in the garage and found a multi meter.

Since installing the new ISC I got shipped from what I call the dsm graveyard in NC as he has over 200 dsm up there. The ISC had been logging 100-120 at idle with the biss screw turned out 2 turns from close. Had horrible cold start issues which I thought was caused from the "free FIAV" mod I did.

Well checked the coils on my old ISC and all of them per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KibYz21IMA0
all the coils came out perfect, so checked the new ISC that was on the car and turns out 2 of the coils are bad. Swapped ISC sensors, set the biss screw to 2 turns out.

started the car/logs - came in at 40 once car was warmed up, so minor turn of the biss screw and its now sitting at 30 with a perfect idle once again from cold - warm up. No longer have to hold the gas for a bit till it gets warm.

Next things on my list are injector cleaning and fuel filter replacement (I still get a random hickup once and a while after cleaning the filter... nothing like before which is good.
Between now reading that my injectors when running E85 are really prone to clogging with anything other then a 10 micron filter. I think its just best to get them cleaned (supposed to be done anyways every 3-4 months with E85 and there is no telling when the last time the previous owner had it done) and replace filter with a 10 micron one.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 08-26-2014 at 10:57 AM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote