View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014   #29
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Foam tape works very well for filling the gaps between the fan shroud and radiator. Sounds like you have a good cooling setup now. I ran a 180* in my 1G and had no issues with it over-heating; if this doesn't fix your problem then there are likely other issues to dig in to as well. You could try ceramic coatings on the exhaust manifold and turbine housing, a turbo blanket on the turbine housing, and most simply, running as many of the stock heatshields as possible (appears you already have one on the ex mani which is great).
Some how i completely missed this post when I posted early asking for advice....

I am going the foam tape route, plan to do it this Saturday morning. I have my first car show this Saturday. My wife asked me to go, its basically a cancer fundraiser, no trophies or anything, just donate/entry fee $10 and its public choice, and my wife will do free photo shoot of all cars entered (my idea). A friend of my wife just lost her mom recently and its for the local hospice.

My car is no where near show worthy but $10 to a good cause (I asked if I could just give her $10) but being a small town there isn't going to be many cars to start with so she asked me to bring the car.

EDIT: side note got another mod in the mail today ($3 winning bid got to love it. It cost me $27 for my BMW one a few months back that I had to replace when my 2yr old decided it was fun to play hide and go seek with all our keys one day.) Best part is kids went nuts when they saw the package was from china lol, oh to be a kid again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140719_192824[1].jpg
Views:	449
Size:	612.5 KB
ID:	14604  
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 07-22-2014 at 01:20 AM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote