View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017   #60
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Went autocrossing at the novice school on Sunday with the below settings:

Car setup and ready to rock Saturday night:

After the sessions were completed, collected 2 cones all day:

And also one final image of it lined up.

Overall impressions:

Car is wicked fast. I haven't fallen off as a racer/driver as much as I thought I would have. I heard nothing but compliments all day and I think I nearly set FTD, had one instructor beat me out in a Golf R that I know of. I was told I was faster than the rest of the novice group and the majority of the instructors; so I am REALLY excited to see what this car is capable of throughout the season with Ryan and I campaigning it in Street Touring Ultra.

There were a lot of great cars and drivers out there and everyone showed great progress. It was awesome to corner work and see it "click" for people. For me the course had a few elements that were very challenging. If I could have gotten a clean run I think a 37.9xx was possible, my best run I recall was 38.3xx. I know I ran a 38.4, 38.5, 38.6, 38.6, 38.7, 38.8, 38.8 and a few higher ones. I also had 2 mistimed runs that would have been mid to low 38's by "feel" as well; overall consistent and fast. I can't stress the importance of seat time and how valuable these sort of events are. Hopefully the car and driver(s) will be towards the pointy end of the stick.

This week, weather permitting, I'd like to install the upgraded brakes to get a bit more initial bite. I may actually throw some toe out on the front at MOWOG, depending upon how tight the course really is. Overall the car is fairly neutral and an absolute hoot to drive. The input you get and the confidence the RE-71R's inspire is mind boggling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autocross line up novice school.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	16494  

Last edited by niterydr; 04-24-2017 at 11:00 AM..
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote