Thread: La fea negro
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016   #11
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: La fea negro

I spent a good part of the evening and actually this morning getting this balancer deal figured out. My guess was right too..

If the previous owner of this car wouldn't have died from OD'ing (on whatever), I probably would've killed 'em... The car is plagued with all sorts of hardware store, standard bolts. The threads are metric but the heads are standard or flat heads..I don't get it. lol The balancer bolts are even 1/2". Annoying to say the least.

The other thing was I didn't realize you had to trim the timing cover for the Fluidamper. I installed and removed that thing like 7 times. I got it figure out but man was it a long process.

Believe it or not this car had semi working AC when I first got it. I didn't order an AC belt however so that got taken off and I assume the AC system will follow when/if I decide to have the system emptied. I also put new bushing in the shifter assembly and my God what a difference! The brass bushing on the transmission side seemed to help stiffen things up but I'm having an issue with getting into 5th and reverse. My luck I bent one of the cables. Good luck finding on of those. The shifter base kit that I have which is supposed to work with a '90 is also pissing me off. The metal washers/spacers are completely wrong for the shift base. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that.

I hoping to leave for the Shootout tomorrow but I'm sure that'll fall through 'cause my luck and 'Merica.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 08-17-2016 at 12:06 AM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote