View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014   #51
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Re: Brad's New Bike - '12 ZX10R

Made it out to Rock Falls on Saturday and the new cycle concept clutch worked great! It was a test and tune day so racing started around 9 and ended around 4:40ish. All the cars left early but the few bikes stuck it out till the end and I'm glad I did

Ended up hooking after dumping the clutch a little too quick on one run lol.

Was pretty much stuck in the 9.0 range for a good chunk of the day. Towards the end I tried a different technique of laying on the tank more with my feet behind me, it worked a lot better for me. First pass with technique it cracked off a 8.99. 2nd pass it did 8.98 to back it up and the 3rd pass it was too low on gas and the bike bucked on the launch lol.

I yelled a big yaaaaaaahooooooooo when I got my slip and did a little uncoordinated dance on the bike on the way back to the pits lol.

Cleaned the bike up the next day and did a little photoshoot with a buddy and then had a guy doing rolling shots in the same area. Was always curious to see what it looks like so didn't want to pass that up either.

Bike is now in storage at a buddys place about a hour and a half away. Might get a drag shock over the winter pending how much I can be a hermit this winter and save money. Also going to try and lose 15lbs over the winter, rather get rid of my gut than spend money taking weight off the bike lol

Overall I love this bike. Was able to take it out on pretty good sized road trip and run 8's in the summer without the bike missing a beat.
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote