View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011   #20
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Lucky #13...Back in the saddle....92 rt/tt

Small update:

Did a boost leak test....... ....20psi in, 2psi at the gauge (hooked up my diagnostic 52mm autometer to the plenum).

Started poking around, rear o-ring and 1/2 the vacuum lines leaking like a zepplin with a bullet hole in it. Excellent opportunity to do the vacuum reduction mod/clutch booster delete mod.

I decided I should change the drivetrain fluids to see if I can catch the "zip" into 2nd gear before it gets worse. Staring at the transfercase, it has the bolt in the cover (YES! )

Decide I should drop the t-case to look at the transmission to see if it has a 25 spline, being a Dec 1991 build date, there is a chance.
It is a 25 spline! (YES! )
The shaft is rusted to where the splines are like a butter knife (NO!! )

Good thing Ryan has a few parts left from his part-out. I will be introducing a new output shaft, t-case with quadco spool, and E2K brace this weekend, with new fluid, MBC, throwing a boost gauge in the glove box for now, vacuum reduction, and then leaving it alone until winter

Car has pre-cats still, leaving those in as those are my effective "mufflers" for now. I will toss on exhaust this winter and then gut those.

Before spring 2012 goals:
-Gauges in center dash
-Wideband
-Replace dash vents
-Re-cover seats (driver side has tear)
-upgrade fuel pump
-fuel pressure regulator
-fuel controller + logger
-injectors
-Exhaust
-E-85
-Good non knock-off tires