View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #5
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Crap dealers say

Good info, although I don't know if I quite get the trade-in part about having a manager sign off. So when do I want to ask them for a trade-in price for a car? Is that the very first thing I should do when walking in the door before I even say what I'm looking for?

I guess to me it seems like there's 2 transactions taking place. No matter which I do first (negotiate car price, or trade-in price), they will always try to offset it. So say I'm looking at a Fusion for 20k. I walk in the door and say yeah we're interested in this fusion for 20k. They say oh ok, yeah with the rebates we can give it to you for 18k. I say OK then how much for my trade in, and they say 5k, so in total i end up at 13k right? Vice versa, I go in and get a manangers signature saying they'll give me 6k for my car. Then we go look at the Fusion for 20k, the guy will say he can get it to us for 19k with discounts. Same 13k final price right?

So I guess I'm not understanding how it matters?

Also, say someone like me wants to just go in and pay cash. That's apparently a turn off, so what do I do to make sure I still get the best price? I could finance for 1 month then pay it off, but that seems silly, especially if it was a deal that was 0% or 2000 cash back and I chose the finance option.

I hate the number games and the bartering, which is why I loved going to Steve. I just want to walk in the door, know the price, and that's it. If I walk out the door and get chased down saying OK OK We Can Go Lower (happened to me in Yuma), then it's like no too late, you already told me that was as low as you could go, that makes you a liar.

Steve, I wish you were still in the business
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote