Thread: UBER SS
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015   #45
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: UBER SS

Got a few more odds and ends done recently.

Took out the 4:88 and swapped in some 4:10 gears on the posi unit.

Noticed something in the axle tube I have never seen before. Both axle tubes have a pressed in steel insert that starts right after the c-clip eliminator and goes into the center section just short of the carrier bearings. I guess they were installed to strengthen the axle tubes? You can see the machined/cut end of the insert inside of the axle tube in this picture.

I also installed some QA1 Endura Chromoly series rod ends on the 4-link to get those bushed units out of there. I just didn't trust those "street rod" type bushed rod ends to hold the power. The QA1's have a Nylon/PTFE injected ball race to keep them quiet under normal driving. Very nice part if you ever need anything like that.

And finally got those Thrush Turbo mufflers out and installed some Borla ProXS mufflers under it. These are offset straight thru design and they sound great, very deep and more defined than the old muflers. I'll try to get a video uploaded soon. At less than $100 each for a stainless steel performance muffler I highly recommend them.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 09-02-2015 at 02:30 PM..
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote