View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014   #44
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

Well.....I'm not even sure what to say here. 6.5 miles into having this transmission in my truck the following is what I am left with.

The pieces look like clutch material which is funny as the transmission has less than 10 miles on it. There was two breaks between those times. Possibly three. Here are the pictures of the top of the valve body.

As I said, I still don't really know what to say. I'm unsure what to even blame this on. My best bet is that the transmission got over-filled by the guys I had filling it as I kept it in neutral while holding the brakes.

It also doesn't help when I originally started filling the trans the day before this happened, a leak started from the weep hole in the overdrive unit. I later found out the transfer case on my truck isn't exactly the right one. The shaft that comes out of the transfer case isn't long enough to reach the seal pressed into the overdrive unit.

Yep..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote