View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010   #98
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Heck yeah, I'll shoot you a PM.

Decided to do a couple things today. The HID's the guy installed on this car sucked. One of them would do a little flicker sometimes, I don't like how he mounted them, so I decided to rip them out, and I will put in my own HID's eventually. So for now, it's just rocking the old Halogen 9006 bulbs out of my Envoy again for now

Also, the car is leaking some oil and P/S fluid. I went under the car and it looks like the oil might be coming from the oil pan gasket. and the boots on the Rack and Pinion are starting to tear on the passenger side. So I said screw it and am starting to yank the rack / pinion out. I'll look closer once it is out and decide if I'm just going to replace the boots, or if it's actually leaking a bunch and get a new one. Just gotta source the parts and I should be good to go.

Also, I really need to find some time to put these headstuds in as well...

Also trying to freshen up the suspension since pretty much every joint is shot. So just ordered a few things on RockAuto.com (fyi, enter code 40876371104707 into the How You Heard About Us box and get 5% off!!)
- New front and rear sway bar end links (Rock Auto)
- New tie rod end links (Rock Auto)
- New front motor mounts (Carson Toyota)

I'll probably remove the LCA's soon also and bring them to John. Nobody can seem to find a replacement ball-joint for them, so you have to buy completely new LCA's for around $250/ea (booo). So John's going to see if he can't figure a way to get some universal ball joints in the stock arms for me
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 11-06-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote