View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014   #43
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
Wow that thing is clean underneath
As far as rust goes; yes indeed! There is an oil leak has engulfed the entire drivers side of the engine and everything back to about where the transmission starts. Damn "push rod inspection plate"! They all blow out around the sides. This summer whenever I decide to do it I am going to buy an actual metal one. Maybe even one they make with vents holes to run to some type of catch-can.

Besides the "well oiled" front suspension parts the only thing under it is a whole lot'a dirt! Surface rust on the frame too. I need to get under it with a few 80lbs bags of sand blasting media and make everything bare metal then rattle bomb it. Then completely undercoat the bottom. No rust for this truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted_spyder View Post
Don't forget to flush the cooler lines!
All stock lines are getting replaced with 8AN fittings and SS braided line. Along with the front/auxiliary cooler. I will have to flush the transmission heat exchanger however.

Thanks for the input though! I would've appreciated that even more had I been using all the stock stuff!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 05-03-2014 at 06:17 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote