Thread: acf and tuning
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005   #24
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
Re: acf and tuning

Well the considering a certain amount of voltage or signal could be lost by a bad crimp or other horsecock connection, I would ALWAYS solder those wires. Especially since it is something as important as an AFC.

Now I know people have done it with those shitty crimp style connectors, and it works, but you never know. And why not spend an extra two minutes and solder it.

I work in mobile electronics, going on my fourth year, and I have seen countless malfunctions from poor connections, always crimp style. With solder all you have to worry about is getting a cold joint, and that can be easy to find if you have touched a soldering iron before.

And on the real topic, if you are very confident in your tuning abilities you may just want to save money and go to RS motors. Otherwise just have Shane do it, he won't blow up your motor and can offer a lot of great advice and help.

And about the dyno thing, I put down 313hp at RS motors, and maybe a month later with no changes to the setup I put down 321hp at Elite. Sure sounds like thsoe corrections are right on to me. And yes Ron always asks for the weight of the car before dynoing, but that mainly will effect where the turbo will spool due to load. But it can also effect total hp.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote