View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008   #155
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Re: House Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
My buddies brother is in appliance sales. He said the newer appliances are all appearing to use cheaper and cheaper stainless on them. They dent easy, and their now having issues with the finish on the stainless changing and fading if direct sunlight hits them. So if the sun only directly hits half the fridge, hope you like the 2-tone look.

Add in the fact that the finger print up easily.

I personally won't spend more money on appliances that will dent, fade, and finger print up easier, just because they look cooler. If I wanted a more "modern" looking kitchen, I'd get black ones like my parents did. Their kitchen looks great! Otherwise, I'll stick with the standard white ones, they look just fine to me.
All I care is that they look decent when the house is for sale. Not sure how I would ever dent a fridge anyhow so I don't see the thinner stainless as a problem.

In general, people/buyers would prefer stainless over another color. It is a no brainer for me. Looks great with the granite also. I will have to get james to post some pics of the house. My friend has some before on his facebook page (I belive) that I could link to/steal.