View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010   #20
travail

Drives: EV0 8
Re: Miata+4g63+T56=awesomeness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudvig View Post
I don't know if that FC rear end would fit. I think its just the N/a rears that fit. something about the housings? Who knows I have to look into that a lot more.

-Colin
Any of the rear end will work. The turbo 2 and the GTU have a 7inch ring gear were the na is smaller. But the mounting points are still the same as in it the same size as the miata rear end..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkrPerformance View Post
I do know what I am talking about I have looked into this a lot since my dad wants to put a ls in his car and a ford 8.8 thunderbird rear end and they are IRS just like the miata. It is also a bolt in with a few brackets that you can buy http://www.bossfrog.biz/Miata_V8_Swap.html or build your self

To me a true dolt in to me is were you don't have to buy any thing to make it work. The rx7 rear diff will bolt in with out ANY extra parts and i was thinking that the Thunderbird were a sold axle. Sorry if I sound like a ass I have seen other guys on the v8rx7forum do the v8 miata swap and I look in to it years a go and they all most always use the turbo 2 rear end or they do a sold 8.8.

Last edited by travail; 09-20-2010 at 03:15 PM..
travail is offline   Reply With Quote