View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022   #13
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: I finally have another Mitsubishi...yes this is my old stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by URV8SUX View Post
Wow this is a cool build I’m looking forward to seeing it at the track. Keep up the progress!!!!!

Your goals seem very achievable have your considered other ECU than AEM?
Oh yeah. I just got this for cheap to get the ball rolling. Not an end all solution by any means.

Project update:

Longblock parts are here or on the way.
Rotating:
Weisco 1400HD pistons
FFWD Aluminum Rods
Stock uncut 6 bolt crank
ACL Bearings
Straight cut oil pump gears, "race" rear balance shaft

Block:
1/2 filled
O ringed
Kiggly Main girdle
ARP's
Head:
Kelford 280/276 cams
Kelford springs/retainers (1030's to start)
1mm over intake/exhaust valves
SMIM with dsm throttle body

Trans:
2g Auto
3 speed conversion
Kiggly 5 friction clutch pack to start
Welded center diff
Translab shift kit with IPT mods
Kiggly Billet diff support saddle
Line pressure to the moon
Trying to find a place to shot peen transfer gears until billet ones are available to buy
T-case is getting a frontline fab brace to start. I may send out my spare to boostin for the 300m upgrade. I'll think about that stuff Q4 2022/Q1 2023 when I have a motor and trans in the car. Lots to get before that.

I have a JM Fab TiAL v band manifold here. Thinking I'll go with a Borg Warner S372 with a .85 housing or so to start the party. Keep it simple 4" exhaust side exit. Still air to water.

Twin Hell cat pumps. -10 an feed to rail. 2150's most likely for injectors to start. Will most likely convert it to COP with R35 coils.

Things still to order:
Turbo setup
Radiators/coolers
Piping
Alternator relocation kit
DSS Center shaft
Suspension

Then to do a bunch of wiring and plumbing. The rest of this month will be getting the rotating assembly balanced and the block at the machine shop to validate the line hone is still good with the girdle. Will have the crank checked of course as well.

Get a longblock together and trans put together before Thanksgiving. Hope to have that in the engine bay to really start to make some progress. Will eventually need to weigh the car so I can figure out torque converter stuff.