View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018   #10
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR
Re: My ultimate streetcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Ha, looks a lot like my old build over the years(Muellerized JIC's, FP turbo, oil mods, toe eliminator, etc.) I had really high oil pressure on my 2.4 mostly because I didn't put in oil squirters, which I would definitely would've added if I had kept the car. I ended up porting the relief as far as possible to get it to the right range. Do you have low oil pressure just at idle, or all the time?
The oil pressure is actually pretty good, till it sucks air. It's 15-20psi at idle, and around 80 at higher RPM's and seems to flatten off without overrunning the relief valve. But I ran .003" clearance bearings so it plenty of room to escape.

It had issues on say a left handed clover leaf, the one time in particular I remember I decided to exit in 2nd, so it was at 6700ish for a lil bit, then I come out on the throttle, I remember the pressure gauge jumping around, and thinking, oh wire must be loose... You know how you justify away major issues, well I can say looking at the parts the wire to the pressure gauge wasn't lying.

So I'm hoping an HLA, venting the block, and a bigger maybe better pan will help the oil drain back, and the extra volume provide more forgiveness for spirited left turns. Cause this was with tires that had the grip level of a brick before, now with 255 wide 200 class tires it really dives around corners. I know people have this theory that DSM's can't corner, and they really don't do well stock. But good coilovers and toe eliminators totally change that.