Old 01-17-2013   #52
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: Rebuilding motor, need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post

Still doesn't change what I said, and I'm pretty sure shane has a 2.4 in his DSM.

Funny I'm tired of ass-hats like you constantly showing up talking out of their ass, either way it will still happen until the car fad is way down the line, sadly its only behind MMA, gym freaks, and now guns plenty more guys like you will be showing up talking plain old garbage.
HAHA!! LOUD NOISES!!!

While I agree with the fad thing, from the people I know who have had 2.4's on Evo's, most of them have had headgasket problems. I personally do not know what the physical differences are, but for some reason they don't seem as reliable as a 2.3 or 2.0. I know Bryce went through 2 or 3 headgaskets in his MAP 2.4 in like 6 months, and a handful of others that have had 2.4's in their Evo's on evoMN have all had some issue or another. I really have not heard of the same issues with DSM's. There must be some physical issue between the g4cs and the 4g64 and the DSM vs. Evo8/9 heads that cause this. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in why this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote