Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010   #211
scheides
flips McGee

Re: House Projects

Thank you MN appliance rebate! We have been ready to buy for a few months now, but when we heard about that deal we decided to wait. We ended up saving a bit more so we could get some nicer front-loading units, and I built some pedestals to go with them!

1984 vintage. Respek.

2x6's cut up and made a basic table leg setup

x2

29" x 29" x 3/4" plywood (I wanted 1" but home depot didn't seem to have any....meh

wrap all sides in plywood for stability (screws and glue everywhere here)

Then make another one to match! I had all of the wood cut @ home depot for about $5 (first 6 cuts are free, $0.25/cut after). I wasn't too concerned about everything being 'just perfect' and these cost $80 all said and done. The ones in the store are $230 EACH and they're only about 13-15" high. These are about 18.5" high, just right.

A little painting help from the wife...she decided she wanted to go crazy with some silver metallic paint. I wanted just plain black, but caved.

Leveled and situated, delivery dudes hauled the old junk away for free (poor poor bastards; my back stairwell is a nightmare!). Got the new ones hucked up on the pedestals, gas, water, and exhaust lines all hooked up!

Time to do some laundry! :P

edit: yes I know the dryer vent is effed up, I gotta get some different pieces to bring it up to code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.

Last edited by scheides; 03-03-2010 at 10:57 AM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote