View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012   #112
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX
Re: MAPerformance Proving Grounds Weekend @ BIR June 22-24th

Well, I finally found time to post up...

I was still on my self tune that made 350 at DB on 24psi, so I didn't have a chance at anything super impressive. I made two passes before calling it quits, I hadn't even started dropping my tire pressures from street levels at that point. First pass was a 12.1 @ 117, 1.9 60', had a decent 8th trap at 92mph, then it started braking up in the back half and killed any chance of a good run. I'd expect another couple mph out of it and easily mid 11s on a good launch. Second pass I let the clutch out a bit quick and hopped the crap out of the rear end, and in turn threw away my front half. Ended up running a 12.1 at 116. Coming back down the return lane my first gear was whining super loud under decel and slightly louder than normal while driving, I said fuck it and parked it after that. The hopping must have hammered the coast side pretty good as the tires grabbed and let go repeatedly. Still fine and drivable just loud and annoying. Still on the fence on what I'll do about it.

As for autox, Street Modified (SM) was easily one of the more competitive classes, and I managed 3rd in class, 19th overall, not bad on a fairly passive alignment and continued issues with break-up at WOT.

As it turned out, and I realized this when leaving after checking plugs and everything, that I'd gotten a bad tank of E85 from the Holiday on Xerxes in Brooklyn Center. I know the station has been accepted as iffy at best by a number of people (I myself have noticed extra knock after filling up there), but I just didn't want to go super far out of my way to fill up before leaving. Live and learn though, and I'd recommend avoiding the station at all costs if you can.

It was a super fun and exciting weekend for sure, but I just wish I could have had the car better prepared and had less issues. Hopefully next year I'll have everything squared away, my pile of suspension stuff in the basement rebuilt and in the car, and not break anything for once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote