View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018   #5
97gsexx

Blackjack Champion! BlackJack 2 Champion!
Drives: 97 talon
Re: turbo recommedations

Sorry guys, I have been out of town. Thank you gents for the replies/advice.

Halon- I have read that people have had issues with PTE turbos, usually due to not properly restricting the feed line (from what I have read). I don't know a lot about them and personally have never ran a PTE. How come you say that a PTE will spool faster then a borg? I am buying the archerfab t3 hot parts kit which includes a large runner tubular manifold (downward facing open t3), tear drop hood dump, and tear drop side exit exhaust. He offered to take 10% off the kit if I buy a turbo off the site and he offers PTE turbos. The other brands he offers are either stock housing or BB, trying to save money by going JB. As of now I am leaning towards a borg due to price and results/reliability I have read.

turbotalon1g- I was initially going to go with an fp black but decided to go ahead and go t3 so I can make more power if desired in the future.

dsmDolney- Is it worth the extra $6-700 to go BB? I just know you can't rebuild BB turbos if they blow. And I have a lot of parts to buy and saving the extra $ would be nice.

Also I forgot to add, might go with a 2.3 setup if I find a good deal. Had a 2.3/tdo6 20g setup on my old spyder and the quick spool was amazing for the street.
97gsexx is offline   Reply With Quote