View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016   #96
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: Project Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
I removed the lower air dam for Eric when he bought the car, his driveway was stupid steep and would have destroyed it within a month. He probably tossed it. That should help lower temps too (in addition to the upper air shield from ECS).

Regarding the boost, if it makes 4psi right away in lower rpm range, it shouldn't taper at all. Normally centrifugal blowers make more and more boost all the way to redline. The restrictor should reduce the boost creep and keep it flat, but I wouldn't imagine the boost actually drops. Boost leak or belt slipping are the two most likely candidates, or possibly the crank pulley slipping on the crank if they didn't pin it again.

Good luck figuring it out and the speedo thing.

Edit: That's a fatass torque curve. How is driveability at slow speeds on city streets with the SC cam? Surge/buck at all with really low throttle?
Ordering some water wetter now haha, yea that should help a few degrees.

I talked to Chris at ESC and hes going to look over the dyno graph and see what he thinks might be going on. He did say boost of 4psi seems normal with a bigger motor and lower compression. If the belt was slipping or the crank, I wouldnt think the power graph would be so smooth, it would be jumpy and erratic but power just tapers after 6k.

Drives really nicely even at low rpm. Almost stalled it a couple times but it came right back. Clutch feels great, really grabby but smooth engagement. No bucking either, a little hesitation or something when cruising I noticed around 2k rpm. Motor is super noisy compared to what im used to.. lol parts and pushrods be tappin. Also its super rich under 4k rpm just by looking at the dyno graph.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote