View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012   #2011
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Update:

So maybe a month ago I was logging the car and noticed my trims were maxed out so one of the guys on evoxforums offered to help me dial the injectors/MAF in, Clipse3gt.

Anyway, fast forward to last weekend, I made this:

Sweet duct tape intake

Plugged up the holes and threw this on because frankly I never did this back in the fall with Shane as I think Scheides had my stock intake/piping, which is tune the injectors with the stock MAF. Tuning big injectors with a big dumb choppy intake sucks so I wanted to start from scratch to dial it in.

Well been doing LOTS of logging over the last week or so and have gotten the trims within a few percent on the DW1300's.

Well, I was all happy today as it was Friday and I had a half day of vacation. What better to do then get some more logging done for clipse to look at?

I woke up from my NAP...raining still now. Ok, no big deal.

Get down to the evo get in the car, search for the clutch pedal...whered it go? FUCK ME IN THE ASS! Stuck on the floor, speechless. I pull it up with my foot and start the car and get it to the driveway.

Then I heat the car up to temp, reset trims and load the new MAP. While Idling I took this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77MsB40Yrg&hd=1

It doesn't look like its burning coolant does it? I have almost never seen smoke come out of my exhaust unless its really cold out but thats just condensation then. Its windy so it might be hard to tell but I could see white smoke that I don't think is typically there. Been so long so I have looked though I don't even know.

Whatever, idled the car for 15 mins for the log then went cruising. After 15mins the clutch was really bad and wouldn't return up without me pulling it so I had to take sneaky routes home to not fully stop, cutting through parking lots, running stop signs the works. Made it back and parked in my driveway.

My brother got home about 5 mins later and helped push the car in the garage as its not easy to get it moving as the clutch stays down. Then I see this in the driveway.

It appears my oil leak is getting a bit worse.

Again...speechless, too many damn problems. And this year seemed to be going so smooth.

Thank god my honda works so I can drive to the liquor store and stock up to put myself out of my misery.

Anyone wanna buy an evo? Or trade for a corvette or something stock
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote