View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017   #17
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
It already runs rampant on the Evo forums. People claim huge numbers using these fake, easily manipulated, "dyno" charts. There is one remote t00ner in particular that is notorious for this. He'll ask people what their goal is before he starts tuning them and at the end makes sure the chart exceeds the customer's expectations. The best is when said customers then go to a real dyno for a dyno day or whatever and get all bent out of shape when they're down on power by about 150whp

It's a decent tool when setup and used properly. The weight of the car + driver has to be entered accurately (which it appears Swanny did), along with a few other parameters, and making sure the road is perfectly flat without any strong winds. It's best to use the same road each time to create a legit comparison.
Easy to fudge numbers on this software or a real dyno for that matter. It's a tuning tool and as accurate as the end user. I've actually worked with Brad a little bit on some development of car information and have used this software since 2011 I think?

I weighed the car and if I were to throw it on a dynojet I'd expect it to belt out 300/300. Hoping I can get it to 325, time will tell.