View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015   #8
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: NHRA goes after Street Outlaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Sounds like a publicity stunt for the NHRA. Street Outlaws is hardly illegal street racing, it's all done on some private road the producers have blocked off. Do you really have big flood lights set up on some regular road somewhere? The only thing illegal is some of the test hits, and even those are obviously set up by the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
This is the reason why I stopped watching this show after the first couple of episodes. It is so staged, its comical.

But, I can see where the NHRA is coming from, because most people are dumb. Most people see this show as actual "real" street racing. And that is sad and unfortunate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd-drifter View Post
^^this.

I watched a clip and noticed the lights and different cameras. I'm almost sure some of them (scenes) are probably scripted too. Pretty interesting to see as I've seen some of this float on facebook also.
It's definitely staged and regulated, no major network is gonna risk the lawsuits if a bystander got hurt. The cars are real and they are raced on streets,...

But if you like fast cars and headsup racing, its a fun show to watch. Just take it for what it is and don't over think it.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote