View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014   #47
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted_spyder View Post
How much is this guy taking apart your tranny charging you?
That's going to be the fun part. He charges normal rates..maybe a tad bit higher because he is the only person in my hometown that works with transmissions; specifically automatics. There aren't any close towns that provide such services either so yeah..understandable.

My dad and uncle however own a body shop (for those that do not know). Often times they have to have vehicles fixed mechanically as they are a body shop. They'll install some things but..you get the idea. They use this guy that has my truck quite a bit and have started doing more business with him. He's a good guy and knows his stuff. He's very honest as well.

If he quotes you one thing but it ends up being another and possibly cheaper, he'll tell you, explain and show as well as charge you less.

So considering that, I am hoping to get a little break from his walk-in. Another factor however is that he hauled my truck with his rollback C5500 or C6500 from Bemidji to Wadena..or Verndale I guess. So approximately 90 miles.

The bill is going to hurt but what else am I to do?
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote