View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012   #182
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Yes Jim, sleeping at the line, my 9.40 was a .68 reaction time. In the final my reaction was 1.4 lol. I have a lot to improve on with pro trees! This is an easy thing to fix.

So what's next with my talon? Well I might as well make the car faster, so I'm going to put it on a diet and set a goal to remove about 150-200lbs! This should make it much faster.

1. First off I'm going to install the light weight STM brakes up front. Un-sprung weight is king!
2. My father in law has a CNC in his garage and is going to scallop and drill rear OEM rotors.
3. Next MAP helped me source some Flex a Lite Lexan molded glass in the rear of the car.
4. I will also put a new fuel cell in the car, going with a 5 gallon model instead of the 16. I typically race with about 8-10 gallons to avoid cavitation on the deceleration, since the tank is only like 10 inches tall.
5. Fuel Lab fixed and upgraded my fuel pump from the 1500hp to the 1800hp version.
6. I have the new upgraded transfer case on the way.
7. I'm going to gut the front doors, remove the carpet, door panels and center console.
8. Over the winter I will take more extreme measures on weight reduction, but still keep it a street capable car!

I’ll take some pics as I go. Should be fun, I will be getting out to the track before the end of the season. Stay tuned!
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote