View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013   #1
scorcho96

Drives: LS400 LSx
1992 Lexus LS400 LSX swap

I have decided to try and sell my 1992 Lexus LS400. I was planning on doing alot of work on it and making it exactly how I wanted it, but I decided I would rather put my time, money, and effort into other more important things. I have been too busy to make time for it and I'd rather have some one else enjoy it.

Heres a quick run down of the mods: (I know I am going to forget some)

Chevy 5.3 out of a suburban that has 20xxx miles on the engine
Borg warner 66mm turbo
TR220 cams and comp 918 springs
TH350 built tranny with manual ratchet shifter
3200 stall with anti baloon plate
Custom heavy duty driveshaft
Water/methanol kit
Front mount intercooler
Drag radials on mustang rims
3 inch straight back exhaust
44mm wastegate external dump(Can't remember brand)
42lb injectors and 255 wally, AEM fuel rail

The car isn't perfect, and its definitely a project. The paint needs some work, Tranny pan seal needs to be replaced, needs gauges finished up(needs speedo and gas put in, it has RPM, volt, and boost already) Among other small little things a 20 year old car has.

The car is 100% rust free, and I was going to try to plasti-dip it in the spring.

It starts and runs and drives. And it is fast. Previous owner states he had Nelson performance down in texas tune it on 91 octane and made over 500rwhp, but I didn't see any dyno sheets. I've been running BP 93 and it likes it.

Get some pretty amazed looks from vette and mustang drivers when you go blowing past them

Car is definitely for a car enthusiast and some one mechanically inclined, not a DD, and it was built to go fast in the 1/4 mile.

I bought it in the summer from a guy in the Air Force who did all the work on it when he was based up in grand forks AFB. I drove it back without any problems.

I am looking to get 4200 OBO.

Heres a link of the car, just different rim/tire set up now
http://youtu.be/_FbjH5Qfh5g

Last edited by scorcho96; 02-28-2013 at 03:39 PM..
scorcho96 is offline   Reply With Quote