Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016   #1317
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Been awhile since I've updated this. Not a ton to update. But I ordered the Collins new A340 CD009 adapter kit. I'll be running his custom flywheels with a single disc clutch which should hold my power goals. Just waiting on that to arrive and I can start getting the trans back in.

Waiting on the new intake manifold to arrive as well. Once it arrives, I'm going to be taking it, and a bunch of other bits, in to get powder coated.

I got my spare set of 92 style valve covers here. I did Ali's mod where I have two large breathers on top now (1/2 NPT to 5/8" Barb). I will be sending in these covers to get powder coated.

I'll also be bringing in my fuel rail, compressor cover, and turbo intake pipe, to all get powder coated. I'm horrible at color coordinating so I'm struggling to decide what I want. I'm leaning towards a fine textured matte black on most of them for that clean, subtle, almost OEM look.

But I also want there to be some contrast or color going on. So I'm thinking of doing a couple of the pieces in something like say a satin/anodized aluminum color to again just keep it simple and clean.

Or maybe some kind of satin bronze to add a little color:

Also working on switching up my crazy shifter situation with some ideas that other SC guys have come up with. Basically using a 240sx shifter, modified to work with this setup. From what I gather it's fairly short throws, and the shifter will end up very close to the stock location. It requires hacking up the stock bronze shifter linkage. So instead of doing that, looking at making a custom adapter out of some billet aluminum instead with another locals help

Here's sort of how it looks (pic taken from someone else's setup he was doing a little R&D on, with the stock brass piece cut up). Seems simple and functional. And I'll just be making this other piece to maybe try and make it a hair more secure

And a pic of the piece we are working on. The final piece may look a hair different, but a general idea of it.

That's really it for now. Just waiting on parts mostly.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 05-26-2016 at 10:51 AM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote