View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014   #19
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: House, Condo, Townhouse etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Most houses that have a 2-car garage have space for four cars total, but finding something where you can park a car on the side of the house/garage is a plus. Townhouses and condos don't work well for car guys.

I'm actually looking for a house right now as well, but in a very certain area, and finding something with plenty of garage space, or room for an additional garage is tough. I don't want to live out in the country, which makes it difficult to find something with any land to it. Luckily I've got my wife on board with the garage idea, as our current 3-car doesn't have enough room for me.
Having the wife on board is always a good thing haha! I want to eventually be in the country on acreage with some farm animals, but employment without a commute is difficult let alone the taxes and price of large chunks of land. I most likely will just buy a hobby-barn or barndominium in the middle of nowhere and enjoy it for other hobbies like shooting and wrenching and keep something simple closer to civilization and likely in a warm climate. I ultimately wanna be in a place like Tennessee but school and money doesn't allow moving everything that easily. Lucky enough I have friends who wanna rent from me immediately so that helps the whole cash flow of a new house but it still takes enough planning moving locally let alone out of state with no connections.