View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014   #15
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: House, Condo, Townhouse etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
That looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Townhouse complex's usually always have Visitor parking areas. It all depends on that association whether or not they call out home owners for parking their own cars there. My association I lived in didn't mind if you parked a car there for like a week, but you could not use it as a permanent parking area. Once they notice the same cars parking there all the time, you'd get a letter in the mail saying if you don't stop they'll be towed. We had 4 cars. So we just parked 2 in the garage (toy cars), and 2 in the driveway (dd cars). That worked well. We had a 5th car that parked in the visitor parking, and we got a letter after a few weeks. But we fit 4 no problem.

That first house you linked, were you thinking you'd park a couple cars out front in the yard? That might not fly so well with the neighbors/neighborhood. So be careful if you're thinking about going that route.

If you look at the bird's eye, you can see there are two spaces outside the garage unlike most city houses. That's all I meant but yea I agree. And thank you very much for the first hand advice/experience. I wondered about the guest lots I've seen at a few places and my girlfriend's family experienced some trouble about having too many vehicles in that area but they also had a mix of assigned spots and unassigned guest parking instead of driveways...