View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016   #110
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

I've been super busy trying to get the car done, and have neglected all of the build threads I have.

I have been taking pictures along the way, however, they were on my old phone, which I dumped to a thumb drive before getting a new one. Now I'm not sure where that thumb drive is.

Anyway, I finished the headers, exhaust, and fuel cell.

I started with some cheap off the shelf headers for a camaro I think and had to modify them to fit. I ended up buying a box of 1-3/4" bends and going to town. I had to change one primary on the passenger side and three on the driver side to clear a suspension mount and the steering shaft. The steering shaft actually passes through the header.

The exhaust I made, too.

It has two 3.5" dynomax bullet mufflers on the header collectors, mostly to act as a collector extension and partially to try and drop a little noise.

Then it reduces down to 2.5", goes through an X-pipe, and ends up going through two 2.5" summit turbo mufflers.

Based on what I can find, 2.5" is more than enough for the power it will make.

I bought a set of universal ceramic boot plug wires since three of them are very close to the headers, I cut those to length and got that job done today as well.

I had it running today for the first time with a full exhaust and the first time with fuel in the fuel cell instead of just running a hose to a gas can.

It's a 16gal RCI fuel cell. I ran -8AN line through a filter and up to the mechanical fuel pump on the motor. Eventually, this should become the return line when I have a boosted LS motor in the thing.

I cut out the floor/spare tire well in the back and made a frame out of 1" square tube that the straps hang from to secure it.

I made a template for the floor and I should have that cut out for me by the weekend, I'm also having a box made to cover the top of the cell with an access panel to fill the thing. This will keep the fuel totally outside of the passenger compartment.

When I find the pictures I'll upload and post them.

For now anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt51yYDZl_o&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B0AQlLxA28&hd=1

Last edited by bramagedained; 05-24-2016 at 10:43 PM..
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote