Thread: problem
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005   #51
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Re: problem

The car will no longer crank. James assembled everything himself, but the starter does not crank. It is an electrical issue. There is plenty of oil in the car and the timing is on and has been rotated several times. The car clicks and makes a humming sound when the ignition is turned. I pulled the starter for him and it was tested to be weak but still works. I checked the signal wire for the starter and there is no voltage present. Does anyone have a wiring schematic to see where the possible problem could be in the circuit? Is there some connector he could have forgotten? All of the CAS, power transistor, coil, etc are plugged in. I tested all of the fuses under the hood and they were all fine. James said he read something about the starter relay switch going out but he could not find it in the car. It is supposedly by the radio new to the fuel pump relay... I have no idea. Anyone know where this relay is? Any idea on how to test it? I guess I could just steal it off the other 2g but.... I haven't looked at it other than a quick once over of the wiring and testing the fuses and starter. I will have tomorrow to try and figure this out. Please help ASAP. Thanks, John.