View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020   #791
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Let's see... I might as well throw out a quick winter update:
The car's been sitting covered up and plugged in for 2+ months now with likely another 3+ to go. Fun!

I've been toying with the idea of adding a Callaway shifter to it since they get great reviews and honestly I just need something to tinker with. I'll proably get that ordered in the coming week. I also plan to have my front splitter repainted this spring; some dumbass drove it straight into a parking curb down in Houston. I'm not sure who it was so don't ask

I'm also going to replace the Big Daddies angled o2 sensor spacers with the straight ones to see if that adds a little exhaust flow back to the rear o2 sensors. They're still triggering a CEL, but because they aren't seeing enough dirty exhaust and the ECU thinks they're dead (which they're not, they're brand new). There's also a suspension clunk that developed over the summer that I need to get back to tracking down. The shocks are new, the end-links are new, the swaybar bushings are new, so I'm thinking it may be a ball joint. We'll see! I'm not overly impressed with the durability of suspension components considering the car has less than 50k miles on it (49k to be exact) and a lot of these issues started developing when it came out of storage last spring at 43k. At least most (shocks excluded) OEM ACDelco parts are cheap (maybe that's why they're failing so early on) to replace.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote