Thread: UBER SS
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015   #47
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: UBER SS

Well UBER coughed up a hairball, Lol.

I wasn't ready to jump in and redo the front suspension yet (was about to a order customer drive shaft). but I had an upper control arm bushing come out while at Cruising' the Coast. But since it had to come apart, why spend $$$ on repairing the old when the change over was going to happen anyway?

So after a month long back order wait, I finally got Global West's Drag Series upper/lower control arms (TLC-42 & TLC-42H). I also installed AFCO's A-body double adjustable coil over conversion kit (3840F/BNC shocks & GM450 springs). A note about the lower control arms is that there is no sway bar provision. Not a problem for me as UBER and high speed cornering didn't mingle well anyway, I always cornered at low speeds. So off came the sway bar as well. Every thing came together and worked well with the drop spindles I already had on it.

The upper arms added more caster to the alignment for better straight line stability and reduced bump steer.

Also, in doing this I took 28 pounds off the front end. Not a huge amount, but I'll take what I can get.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 11-23-2015 at 08:29 AM..
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote