View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #3
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

From the looks and sound of it, the truck was pretty clean. The previous owners claimed it has all synthetic fluids, a rebuilt transmission a billet input shaft and a "different" or "better" torque converter (I forget his exact words). That sounded alright to me.

We get to Cody and call the guy up, he tells us to drive west out of town and we were to look for his newer white Chevy dually. He said it was take him a few minutes to get down his driveway. Alright, we headed out. After about 15 minutes we figured we went too far. Turned around and there he was.

Now shit you I not, this guy's driveway was 5-8+ miles long, easily! He later told us he had about 200,000 acres...maybe it was 400,000....I forget. Either way, he had a LOAD of land. We get to the truck, it looks alright. It's been repainted, the body work was okay but it's a truck.

We test drove her down the driveway and everything checked out. The four-wheel drive worked, it shifted smoothly and it didn't act stupid in any way. The only thing he said it needed was the front steering stabilizer and the steering gear box; all of that jazz. He has the parts ordered from BD Power and he said he would ship it to us (we've yet to see anything). We bought the bitch and made it home by about 11:00PM; what a trip..

This was a few weeks later. Yeah, I know..Colorado plates. According to this guy he bought the truck while he was living in or in Colorado for whatever reason. He then took it to New Mexico. I also believe he mentioned Texas. That was where he was originally from so maybe that's where the confusion comes from; know's, care's.

Now my dad being who he is...just can't leave anything alone. Before you knew it, we were both buying new parts for it left and right. A new grill, headlights, bed liner, rear bumper, front bumper plastics, factory side molding and some stainless steel rocker covers. Oh! Fender flares too! Not the one's I would've liked but they weren't $5xx.

Yeah, we threw a 3500 dually tailgate on it. We literally had it sitting in our back "shed" for the last 15 years. The story behind it pretty much goes like so; a guy screwed his up and needed one "yesterday" for a trip somewhere. So they banged the thing out to just have the guy go on his trip without it and blow the truck up. The fuuuu?

Whatever, I think it does the truck good as far a looks go. It just needs some white to make it look at home.

It didn't take long before I started to put it to work. Hauling a shell to the scrap yard!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 10-31-2013 at 05:29 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote